A diabetic nutritional plan is a guide that tells you what kinds and the quality of food to eat during and in between meals. An adequate nutritional plan helps control your glucose levels, blood pressure, and cholesterol, to help maintain proper weight. If you wish to lose weight or maintain your current weight, a nutritional plan can help. Diabetic people in particular should pay attention to their diets to assure a proper balance with food, insulin, oral medication, and exercise to help control glucose levels. When you make good decisions in regards to your nutrition, you could also prevent heart disease and certain types of cancer.
*Use Canola Oil in glass or Grapeseed Oil for cooking!
BREAKFAST: Should be eaten first thing as soon as you wake up. Below are options
to choose from for breakfast. There has to be protein followed by carbohydrates.
- 2 eggs, vegetables,1 slice of wheat bread, Dandelion Tea and 1/4 serving of avocado.
- Chicken fajita with vegetables and avocado, 1 tortilla.
- 3 egg whites with green beans, tomato, onion, and 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
- Turkey sandwich on Whole Wheat Whole Grain bread, with Crumbling Cheese.
- 1 cup of lentils or 1 cup of black beans with Crumbling Cheese and Guacamole.
- 6oz. of salmon with vegetables.
- 6oz of Greek Yogurt with strawberries.
- Vita Whey Protein with 6oz of Almond milk with 4 strawberries and a touch of
SNACK: (Recommended foods are fruits cucumbers, almonds, or apple slices with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter)
- 1 fruit
- Chicken or tuna salad
- 6oz of Greek Yogurt with 4 almonds
- 12oz of water with a scoop of Supreme Greens.
* MONDAY: 1 can of tuna in olive oil, 2 cups of vegetables
* TUESDAY: Grilled chicken without skin, 1 cup of spinach cucumbers, mushrooms,
onions and watercress
*WEDNESDAY: 2 cups of fish with 1 tostada.
*THURSDAY: Chicken fajitas or baked chicken, 2 cups of vegetables.
*FRIDAY: Turkey meatballs with vegetables.
*SATURDAY: Non-breaded seafood and a green salad.
*SUNDAY: Grilled beef with a green salad.
- Prickly Pear Cactus salad
- Jamaica Root, cucumber
- 6oz of Greek Yogurt with 4 almonds
- Apple slices with peanut butter
- 12oz of water with 1 scoop of Supreme Greens Powder
DINNER: Dinner gives us the option of repeating lunch or a Vita Whey Protein shake. Remember to eat heavier foods during the day and lighter foods for dinner.
- Repeat what you ate during the day.
- 6oz of almond milk with a scoop of Vita Whey Protein along with 4 strawberries, berries, or cinnamon.
GREEN SALAD INGREDIENTS:
Raw lettuce, onion, cucumber, radish, celery, alfalfa germ, olive oil, vinegar, lime, salt, pepper, and/or garlic.
RECOMMENDED STEAMED VEGETABLES:
Cabbage, broccoli, spinach, chard, chayote, beets, zucchini, green beans, prickly pear cactus — no potatoes, corn, or carrots!
2 liters of water, 1 liter of Jamaica Root, 1 liter natural water. Also use mineral water, lime or stevia sugar for flavoring. Water is always a great drink solution!
Do not eat: Mango, grapes, coco, plums, or watermelon. Consume only small amounts of salt. Do not use pure or processed sugar, only use Stevia Sugar. Remember, excess of anything is not good for your health.
BELOW IS A TABLE THAT INFORMS YOU OF THE QUANTITY OF SUGAR IN FOODS. RANGE MUST BE CONSUMED BETWEEN LOW AND MID:
GLYCEMIC INDEX (WHITE BREAD REFERENCE 100):
- Celery - 35
- Apple - 35
- Orange - 35
- Tomato - 30
- Lentils - 30
- Strawberries - 25
- Dark Chocolate - 25
- Artichoke - 20
- Cherries - 20
- Mushrooms - 15
- Cherry Pepper - 15
- Broccoli - 15
- Cauliflower - 15
- Squash - 15
- Lettuce - 15
- Avocado - 10
- Kiwi - 50
- Brown Rice - 50
- Whole Grain Bars - 50
- whole Grain Cookies - 50
- Whole Grain Toast - 40
- Rye Bread - 50
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread - 40
- Rolled Oats - 40
- Fructose Drinks - 115
- White Bread - 100
- French Fries - 95
- Baked Potatoes - 95
- Coca Cola - 90
- Spaghetti - 90
- White Corn Flour - 85
- Doughnuts - 75
- Watermelon - 75
- Pasta - 70
- Boiled Potatoes - 70
- White Rice - 70
- White Sugar - 70
- Jelly - 65
- Banana - 60
- Melon - 60